Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
• Quotations are valid for 3 months, unless otherwise agreed. Acceptance of our quote means that you have accepted our terms and conditions which are clearly shown on our website.
• Payment terms are on completion of work unless otherwise stated. It will be at the discretion of AJ Floor Sanding & Sealing Ltd as to whether a deposit is required before commencement of work on site.
• All goods/finishes remain the property of AJ Floor Sanding & Sealing Ltd until paid for in full.
• If you fail to pay us on agreed date we may:
o Charge you interest at the rate set under S.6 of the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (interest) Act 1999.
o Calculated (on a daily basis) from the date of our invoice until payment.
o Compounded on the first day of each month.
o Before and after judgement (unless a court orders otherwise).
o Claim fixed sum compensation from you under S.5A of that Act to cover our credit control overhead cost.
o Recover (under clause 5.8) the cost of taking legal action to make you pay.
o Costs subject to a final site measurement where applicable.
• Additional works are excluded unless otherwise agreed.
• Any snagging must be notified as soon as possible or at least within 5 working days of completion of works, or the work will be considered to have been accepted. We will endeavour to carry out any snagging work at our earliest opportunity.
• AJ Floor Sanding & Sealing Ltd guarantee our workmanship for a period of 10 years.
• AJ Floor Sanding & Sealing Ltd will not accept liability for any defects due to product failure/excessive heat/cold/humidity/dampness which is beyond our control, or for any damage caused to the floor by others after completion of works.
• Our quotation includes the work as detailed only. Any changes or additions to the description of works will be charged accordingly and at the discretion of AJ Floor Sanding & Sealing Ltd.
• Unless otherwise agreed, areas should be cleared and cleaned in readiness for work to commence.
• AJ Floor Sanding & Sealing Ltd reserves the right to levy a surcharge of £150.00 per operative per day if the Client cancels agreed work within 48 hours of the agreed date and any deposit paid will not be refunded.
• Whilst every effort is made to minimise damage, some scuffing of the skirting boards may occur during the sanding process. We cannot be held responsible for this.
• During on site work, the main contractor will be responsible for providing lights, electricity, clear access and heating if necessary.
• On completion of any works, the Client or site representative must sign off the work either verbally or by sign-off sheet.
• Once sign off has occurred (either verbally or by sign off sheet) you are agreeing to the completion of our work to a satisfactory level and agree to pay within the agreed timescale.
Acceptance of our Contract implies agreement to our Terms and Conditions.
AJ Floor Sanding & Sealing Ltd reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time.